What is InstantMoney?
InstantMoney is a payment solution that allows the transfer of funds from a sender to a beneficiary.
InstantMoney is available to our customers and non-Standard Bank customers to send cash to both Standard Bank and non Standard Bank customers, which they can access at an ATM, on their cellphone (USSD), Internet and AccessPoints.
Benefits of InstantMoney
Using InstantMoney to send cash to someone else is a good idea because:
- The person sending the money and the recipient don’t need to have a bank account, they just need a cellphone number
- The transaction is instant, so the recipient doesn’t have to wait for any bank clearances
- You can send money or cash-in an InstantMoney voucher at any of our many cash-out partners
- InstantMoney is backed by Standard Bank, a leading South African bank
Using InstantMoney to spend cash yourself is a good idea because:
- If you have registered your cellphone number for InstantMoney, it is free to load onto your cellphone
- Its free to spend
- It’s safe and secure and means you don’t need to carry cash or credit cards